January Favorites


I am completely addicted to this stuff! I'm halfway through this bottle and already have a backup. The scent is so refreshing and opens up those nostrils, which is perfect for a winter stuffy nose. It is relaxing and soothing. I even had to buy this scent in a candle. This bottle cost $13.00 but it is currently on sale for $8.00. I am really considering stocking up on this stuff.
I usually use harsh face products for my acne but since winter hit, my oily skin actually turned flakey. I decided that I was going to use more gentle cleansers this season and picked up the Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner. My skin is no longer flakey and it has even helped my acne. It gets my skin clean without over drying for a great price of $4.47. My only con for this product is the horrid scent.
I finally decided to give the Olay Fresh Effects a try and purchased the Long Live Moisture for $10.97. I was definitely impressed by this product. It feels so light and silky when applying and provided great moisture without breaking me out and feeling greasy. 
For about $8.00 I was able to get a dewey finish that actually lasted on my oily skin. This setting spray gives a great dewey look with every foundation I own. I have extremely oily skin but this did not make it any worse. Instead, I think it helped keeping me less oily. It does not really have a scent, did not burn my skin, or make me break out.
My roommate convinced me to buy the Loreal True Match and I fell in love during the first application. It applied flawlessly with a damp beauty blender and matched my skin tone well. It was worth the $10.95 I paid. It has medium to full coverage with a natural look. It does feel a bit heavy but so do all medium coverage foundations. The packaging is my only con because it is very easy to pour too much foundation out. A pump would definitely make this the overall perfect product. 
A little late in the game, but I finally picked up Benefit's The Porefessional for $30.00. This works as a great primer and fills in my huge pores. It works great under all foundations and even under airbrush makeup. It is light and smooth. 
My dark circles are probably some of the worse in history and I have had them all my life. The Instant Age Rewind concealer in the corrector shade is great for under eye touch ups and a base for my other concealers. For about $8.00, it helps hide my purple circles. 
This mascara has been my holy grail! I have stick straight lashes that refuse to stay curled. The waterproof formula of this does the job and holds my curl all day and even into the next. My lashes are more full and bold. I have even been asked if I am wearing falsies when I have this baby on! For $5.94, I will be purchasing many of these in the future.
The Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony has been my most recent January purchase. For $18.00 you  can achieve the perfect brow. It has a formula that is similar to gel eyeliner. When I use this I don't see the need for a brow gel or highlighter. It seems to do the work all on its on. It did take some practice to get used to but it is definitely worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment